Walk in Wild Beauty



Walk in Beauty
20" x 17" x 5"
Earthenware and porcelain, terra sigillata, engobes, glazes



Half of me is filled with bursting words and half of me is painfully shy.  I crave solitude yet also crave people.  I want to pour life and love into everything yet also nurture my self-care and go gently.  I want to live within the rush of primal, intuitive decision, yet also wish to sit and contemplate.  This is the messiness of life---that we all carry multitudes, so must sit with the shifts.  We are complicated creatures, and ultimately, the balance comes from this understanding.  Be Water.  Flowing, flexible and soft.  Subtly powerful and open.  Wild and serene.  Able to accept all changes, yet still led by the pull of steady tides.  It is enough.                
~Victoria Erickson (writer of Edge of Wonder: Notes from the Wildness of Being)

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this quote struck a huge chord with me, especially to how my heart is feeling lately.
    Thank you Charlene, I will have to keep a print out of these words.

    Walk in Beauty also spoke to me.
    She is indeed an ethereal beauty who walks in this world, and the other.
    Quite exquisite.
    Among one of my favourites, I must say.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think this quote strikes a chord with so many of us. We carry multitudes and tiring as that may be---courage and strength through our love and joie de vivre can sustain us. Walk in beauty, Vicki.

      Delete
  3. That quote says so much! I have copied it to my quote folder!! And she DOES walk in beauty. A beautiful piece Charlene!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Judy. For me, she has a touch of the warrior :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts