little picture, Bigger Picture


back of Prudence and the Pileated Woodpecker

 
A picture is a secret about a secret, the more it tells you the less you know.  Diane Arbus

front of Prudence and the Pileated Woodpecker


Here's a very, very short video on what I do on cold mornings with no heat (my appliances are on strike.)  Someday I will learn to see from the perspective of YouTube and Blogger.  For now I just fumble along and keep trying to see it from their angle or triangles or rectangles....




Tomorrow we are going to see the David Hockney:  A Bigger Picture at the deYoung Museum in San Francisco.  Here's a link to a video about the exhibit---it is about 8 minutes long and has some good views of the exhibit. It also includes a wonderful interview of the artist. I am very interested in seeing the paintings done on an Ipad.  The museum is located in Golden Gate Park next to the Japanese Tea Garden.  We are then driving up the coast to do a little whale watching at Pt. Reyes. Have an inspirational weekend!

Comments

  1. Wonderful Charlene! Prudence and her woodpecker are truly a visual and textural delight - the painting on the back... I want to know more ;)

    Lovely twigs! I also love making sticks and branches out of clay. It's relaxing and rewarding.

    Have a great time at the exhibition, and enjoy whale watching - it's always so exiting when a whale is spotted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Vicki. Making twigs are relaxing, but I need to speed it up. I need quite a few for a project. I did have a great time at the exhibit, but the whale watching was put on hold. We did watch the stormy waves instead...maybe this weekend the weather will hold.

      Delete
  2. Charlene - Prudence with her woodpecker and her fabulous 'secret' painting is delightful. I'm always so intrigued by the emotions you capture in your work. Fun to see your busy hands in clay -- boo to striking appliances!
    Would love to see the Hockney show. It's interesting a man of his age-time would seek out digital art - love that. Just bought a new iPad app - Procreate. Haven't had time to investigate it yet.
    Hope you see lots of whales.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, boo to striking appliances including my wireless.
      The exhibit was breathtaking and fun and wonderful. It took me several hours to get through over 300 works---although the crowds got to me in the end. Hockney's digital art is filled with vitality and with such mastery. And passion about making art.

      Delete
  3. Oh Prudence is wonderful; love the secret painting on the reverse. One of the things I miss the most about San Francisco is the De Young and the Japanese Tea Gardens, what a wonderful weekend you'll have. Hope your appliances come back

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Linda! When the de Young was closed and torn down it hurt. My first date with my husband was there! It was hard to see the old building gone. The new one is architecturally stunning, but many didn't like it at first. We love it.

      Delete
  4. It is so lovely to have art on the backside, too! I enjoyed watching the video. I fumble a lot, too. It's fun and but I also discover lots of new things. I am a bit scared to see Prudence only because I feel almost real pain to see the holes. I have too much empathy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took the video with my little camera, on a tripod. I was reaching around the camera so it was all very arkward. I have a copy of a trimmed video without my big hands in the way, but couldn't get it to download.
      As to Prudence---it's not very prudent to hold on to a woodpecker :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts