Falling in love with Fall again

 

...I want to tell you the ocean knows this, that life in its
jewel boxes
is endless as the sand, impossible to count, pure...

Pablo Neruda





wheel-thrown, altered, soda-fired box with linen waxed twine and glass bead


September is just flying by for me.  It seems as the days grow shorter I get this feeling that I must rush through my day to finish up whatever I was doing during the foggy, cool days of summer.

Autumn begins here as an awakening.  As if to say--hey, wait a minute---what happened to summer---where's that little bit of promised warmth----that shimmering heat?  And summer here replies before it leaves with a teasing, temperate breath and cloudless skies.  So we have to enjoy this little bit of leftover summer before the fog rolls back again. That is what I have been doing this month.  Enjoying this little bit of leftover summer.  And falling in love with Fall again...what am I to do?  I can't help it.......




Comments

  1. Lovely thoughts and pots and treasures to see to begin my day with, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a lovely post! I love this. Where did you find the jewel-box-object? On the beach near your home? you can hear the song of the ocean from it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello sapphire---We have a long coast with many interesting beaches. They are each special. One may have nothing but agates, jasper, moonstones. Another driftwood everywhere. This treasure came from a beach with shells embedded in small stones. At first the pebbles and stones look drab and gray---until one really looks.

      Delete
  3. I love fall and winter here - but I find myself trying to memorize the lush green before it all gives way to color and then sparseness but I can't wait for the moon to make beautiful silhouettes of the trees.

    Love the peeks of the soda fired box . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Judy---The pickle weed along the shoreline marshes are turning colors right now. With the long shadows---the sun's eyelashes---and cobalt skies---oh what a sight!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts